Thursday, February 19, 2009

Obama's Terror Approval Ratings

So sorry for the long delay in postings.  I'm hoping to get caught up this week.  With that being said, something caught my eye yesterday that I wanted to share with you all, the first "approval ratings" for President Obama's handling of the War on Terror.

This seems rather fast to have these types of approval ratings, but the research was conducted by the Pew Research Center, so I guess its legit.  There was an article yesterday on Security Debrief that discusses the feeling of American Citizens towards President Obama's handling of the War on Terror.  Those that support the President's terror policies stands at only 50%, which seems very low for only being in office around a month.  One subject that I've talked about in great detail on my own blog was the planned closing of Camp Gitmo in Cuba.  When asked about that topic, the President's approval ratings are only at 46%, meaning the majority of those surveyed by the Pew are not in favor of closing Gitmo.

With all of this being said, I think it is way too early for approval ratings, despite myself being in the majority that feels it was a hasty decision to announce the closing of Gitmo.

No comments: